Being Open to Seeing the Joy During COVID-19


  • I get joy in that I've called my grandmother more than I ever had. We've had wonderful conversations!
  • I have joy when we continue to eat breakfast outside, something that reminds us of a trip to visit friends a year ago.
  • I get joy when I see the smiling faces of loved ones who call me on Google Duo.
  • I get joy when I see my husband care for our grandson's hamster, although the grandson can't come see it. It's like a gift of love from my husband to our grandson, by taking care of his hamster during COVID-19.
  • I get joy when I hear from friends over email or on the phone. Even though those relationships were always significant, these seem much more significant now.
  • I get joy every time a friend or family member sends us the name of a Netflix show to watch.
  • I get joy when I see that our grandkids are staying busy during COVID-19 and are thriving!
  • I get joy from those who have asked us if we needed anything or if they could do something to help.
  • I get joy when I see my husband puttering around the yard doing various projects that have been on the back burner for some time.
  • I get joy when I get to do crafting projects that I hadn't made time for, until now.
  • I get joy when I get to watch our church services on line.
  • After we watch the video church service, I get joy when we get to talk to the couple who used to sit in front of us at church.
  • I get joy when I see how creative and industrious people are during COVID-19.
  • I get joy when I watch all the people on the News that are doing for others during COVID-19.